Shopping Cart question

music_lp90

Hi, I'm looking to help a friend out who is starting a business and I'm glad to do a website for him for cheap, but he wants to sell products online. I've never done a shopping cart, so that is what concerns me. I've seen webhosts offer shopping carts, is there much risk to using these? And is there a way to test the cart out before going live? Do you actually have to try to buy items to see if the cart actually works or is there some other way to make sure that the transactions will process correctly?I would really like to help him out, but I don't know if there's much risk involved with setting up a shopping cart, such as accidentally charging someone a million dollars or something. Thanks for any help!

Thanks, I just checked out paypal and think I might use them. I didn't realize that they would accept customers that aren't paypal members. So they will accept any credit card and they handle all of the customer's information, so I don't have to worry about that. Seems like a good way to go.

Archived