HTML Table order..

Norman

Check out the rowspan attribute. I'll let you try to uncover how its used yourself, but just.... rowspan... search for that.

Rowspan.. yup.. yes, ok, just rowspan!This is the code I was searching for:

<table border="1"><tr><td>Thank</td><td>you</td><td rowspan="2">Yea.. just.. just Rowspan!</td></tr><td>boen</td><td>robot</td></tr></table>

By the way, there is a difference between a standard and a good practice. It is not good practice to use tables for layout, but it doesn't go against any standards, as it still uses perfectly valid HTML.

I always use semantics when I talk. It's very hard not to.
So you always study the meaning of what you are saying when you say it? I would think that would be the harder way to communicate. :)

<table border="1"><tr><td>Thank</td><td>you</td><td rowspan="2">Yea.. just.. just Rowspan!</td></tr><td>boen</td><td>robot</td></tr></table>

The above code does it and if you want like the same in your picture then you can use cellspacing on the table tag.

Hi,I just wish you dont use tables for the structure of your page :wub: . Web Standards is the best way :mellow: .Complements \o/
Then, post the code for do that! :)
<table border="1"> <tr> <td>Thank</td><td>you</td> <td rowspan="2">Yea.. just.. just Rowspan!</td> </tr> <td>boen</td><td>robot</td> </tr> </table>

The above code does it and if you want like the same in your picture then you can use cellspacing on the table tag.

Yup, I know. Thanks!
I'm an English professor, for cryin' out loud. You have no idea what goes through my head. :)
Ok, my Dad, this mean for you that you will have a new student: me. LOL

Why not to use tables for web structure??
Divs and CSS give you much finer control over structure. That's what they were designed for. Tables were designed to be used for spreadsheet-type data. In the early 1990s, when people first started designing creative websites, there was no tool for creative designs, so they adapted the table to that purpose. But that's all it was: an adaptation.

Using tables for layout also will make pages render slower.

Archived