PHP-supporting webhost?

ttony21

Has anyone here had any success with a webhost that supports PHP?Just about everyone I find has some sort of problem that makes it imposible to use. I tried running it off of an Apache on my own computer but apparently Optimum Online (ISP) doesn't want me doing that :) I just need to some advice on what web hosts people use and looking for one that hopefully has these requirements:PHP supportSSI supportThe ability to create a page with extension ".css" (t was a problem with my last host :) )Free at least for the basics + extended services for paymentSQL database(s)Domain supportForum or support of some kindSounds pretty basic for a php webhost and yet there's always a prob...so thanks for anyone with advice on this :mellow:

I recently helped a friend of mine find a freehost that allows for PHP/MySQL, although I'm not too sure about if it hosts domains or not. xtreemhost.com (corny, yes) is pretty good. I have my phpBB board installed with them(in my signature, obviously). My only issue is the weird logins they giive you that are REALLY hard to remember, but not impossible. Other than that, they are good.

Well I was hoping for one that's free at least for the basic stuff (limited memory/bandwidth) because most of them charge an arm and a leg :) Probably cheaper to change my ISP and buy a new computer to run a server off of lolBut xtreemhost looks pretty good so maybe I'll try them out, thanx :)

http://www.byethost.comFree PHP MySQL hostingAccepts all file extensionsNo ads250MB space, 6GB bandwidth a monthDomain supportSubdomainsPremium accounts for only $2.99 a monthHosting support forum: http://byet.net (Though you're better off using support tickets from the control panel)Edit Let me correct that, it's 6GB transfer.

http://www.byethost.comFree PHP MySQL hostingAccepts all file extensionsNo ads250MB space, 10GB bandwidth a monthDomain supportSubdomainsPremium accounts for only $2.99 a monthHosting support forum: http://byet.net (Though you're better off using support tickets from the control panel)
Hm looks good although xtreemhost has 50mb more space, I guess I'll just play around with em a bit and see which I like, thanx

I would recommend Ware Welch Web HostingThey have full support for PHP & SSI.There are no limits on file extensions.MySQL database support with the ability to add more at a later dateFull domain support (including a FREE .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk for as long as you host with them, meaning no domain renewal costs)Fully automated Forum installation and many other automated installations of other scripts and software, and the ability to add any of you own scripts and software.The support is excellent, they reply really quickly and have even helped to fix some of my own code.Prices start from £14.99/year and their top package with unlimited webspace & bandwidth is only £39.99/yearI've been with this company since I started using PHP and they have been realy helpful with helping me get to the stage I am now.

wow lol well that looks good if I decide I want to pay for services (not to sound cheap :) I just don't want them to screw me over in any way, but I'll check it out)
hostgator.com will not screw you over. I can't recommend them highly enough. I actually use their "Swamp" level service, which is just $14.95 a month because I have a bunch of domains that I need to do things like provide home pages and email for.They are reliable and their service could not be better. They have 24/7 support via email, telephone or live chat. I have been using them for well over a year now and have never had a problem. When I started playing with PHP I had a question about setting it to be PHP 5 instead of PHP 4 and went into Live Chat and they helped me out right away.My only fear is whether they can keep their level of service at such low prices!doug

Archived