menu link

vj5

I am new to designing and I have a very simple question. I want to know how to link to the main content area from the menu item. Here is my code:

<style > #nav-menu ul{list-style: none;padding: 0;margin: 0;}#nav-menu li{float: left;margin: 0 0.15em;}#nav-menu li a{background: url(background.gif) #fff bottom left repeat-x;height: 2em;line-height: 2em;float: left;width: 9em;display: block;border: 0.1em solid #dcdce9;color: #0d2474;text-decoration: none;text-align: center;}/* Hide from IE5-Mac \*/#nav-menu li a{float: none}/* End hide */#nav-menu{width:50em}</style> <div id="nav-menu"><ul><li><a href="csslayout.htm#home">Home</a></li><li><a href="csslayout.htm#services">Services</a></li><li><a href="#">About us</a></li><li><a href="#">Contact us</a></li></ul></div><br><br>

ummmm... where is the main content area?
I assume after the <div> tag? When displayed, the menu lines up on top. When click on menu, I want something to come up in the space below. I don't know if I am doing the right way. As I said earlier, I am new and learning now.

I assume after the <div> tag? When displayed, the menu lines up on top. When click on menu, I want something to come up in the space below. I don't know if I am doing the right way. As I said earlier, I am new and learning now.
lol! What Jhaslip was saying is that we can't actually see the code for the content area in your original post.

Archived