Borders stopping early

pahiker

I'm having an odd problem with a new site, and it's operating differently in three browsers (no surprise). Here is what I am seeing:- In Safari and FF the entire page is displayed, but the borders stop before the end of the page.- In IE 7, the borders make it to the bottom of the page, but the entire page does not display.I do not have bottom borders showing (0px), so that is not an issue.I do resize the window, but I have tried various heights and it doesn't seem to make a difference, currently I have the size set to 632,9000 which should be enough to display the entire page, including the borders.Thanks in advance,Mike

V A L I D A T E your C O D E!...and why are you using position:absoluted in your body style?To fix your problem, remove the position:relative; top: 84; from the div.page styles and then remove the position:absolute; top: 24px from the div.transTitle. Now adjust the height in the div.transTitle to be about 120px.

V A L I D A T E your C O D E!...and why are you using position:absoluted in your body style?To fix your problem, remove the position:relative; top: 84; from the div.page styles and then remove the position:absolute; top: 24px from the div.transTitle. Now adjust the height in the div.transTitle to be about 120px.
OK, that's even worse than what I had. While the border does go down to the bottom, the entire top of the page is all wacked.Picture1.png

newseed is on the right track, though. Consider these changes:

body {	border: 8px groove tan;}div.page {		}div.transTitle {	width: 430px;	height: 70px;	margin: 20px auto;	background-color: white;	border: 1px solid black;	filter: alpha(opacity=60);	opacity: 0.6;}

Unless you want the side borders to always be 16px from the page bottom, replace the bottom border, as I did here. Taking it out doesn't mean the sides keep going. It means they stop where they would have stopped anyway. Adding the bottom gives a more finished look.Only tried this in FF.

Archived