Dynamic Link problem (window.open)

Lonig

Well, I have a very simple problem, just seems to be a problem in the syntax. I am very new to Javascript, so I'm sure its simple syntax or something. I've been searching for 30 minutes, and apparently I just dont know how to word my problem correctly. I'm sure its here, just cant find it.Here is the code in header:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">   function sendData(name) {	window.open("http://www.blah.com?input=" + name,"Blah page","height=600,width=800");   }// End</script>

Here is the body text

<form><table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">	<tr>		<td>		<strong>Name: </strong>		</td>		<td>		<input type="text" name="name" />		</td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td colspan=2 align=center>		<input type="button" value="Blah query" onclick="sendData(name)" />		</td>	</tr></table></form>

Purpose: I want to be able to type something in form, and have it be added to the end of the URL. Pretty much all I need.I apologize for such a simple post, but like I said, I've searched for 30 minutes on top of reading the code snippets and I just can't figure it out. I just hate to learn JavaScript when I never use it but once a few websites. :) Help me Guru's... help me.

The Javascript looks pretty correct to me, I don't see why it wouldn't work.You HTML could do with a bit of cleaning up, but that wouldn't affect this particular script.Can you link me to the page so I can check for errors myself?

The Javascript looks pretty correct to me, I don't see why it wouldn't work.You HTML could do with a bit of cleaning up, but that wouldn't affect this particular script.Can you link me to the page so I can check for errors myself?
They are internal pages on a ISP's LAN. Best I can offer is to tell you what happens when you click the button...It DOES open the window, but it looks like: http://www.blah.com?input=[object]Not sure if that helps?

Oh, I don't know how I didn't see it before.Change your form so that it's like this:<input type="text" id="name" /><input type="button" value="Blah query" onclick="sendData(document.getElementById('name').value)" />

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answer. I guess I might start learning Javascript after all, lots of neat features.

That's a little more complicated.You'd have to do something like this:<input type="radio" name="name" value="name1" /><input type="radio" name="name" value="name2" /><input type="button" value="Click me" onclick="radioButton('name')" />And then use the following Javascript function:

function radioButton(N) {  _radios = new Array();  for(var i=0;i<document.getElementsByTagName("input");i++) {	if(document.getElementsByTagName("input")[i].type == "radio"	   && document.getElementsByTagName("input")[i].name == N) {	  _radios.push(document.getElementsByTagName("input")[i]);	}  }  for(var n=0;n<_radios.length;n++) {	if(_radios[n].checked) {	  window.open("http://www.blah.com?input=" + _radios[n].value,"Blah page","height=600,width=800");	}  }}

This is a long code and I haven't tested it myself, so it may not work.

Archived