Conditional check

kurt.santo

I am testing if the terms have been accepted via a tickbox, but it does not work. The conditional check is:

if (!isset($_POST['termsYes']) OR empty($_POST['termsYes'])) {		$termsYes = FALSE;		$errors['termsYes'] = 'Accept terms and conditions';		} else {			$termsYes = TRUE;			}

with the tickboxes as:

<?php echo check_error('termsYes', 'Accept terms and conditions*:'); ?>   <label for="termsYes">Yes</label> <input type="radio" name="terms" value="termsYes" id="termsYes" />  <label for="termsNo">No</label><input type="radio" name="terms" value="termsNo" id="termsNo" />

Where am I going wrong? After submitting it always shows me that the tickbox has not been selected...Kurt

The name of the field is "terms", not "temsYes".So to access it, use $_POST['terms']And a radio button always returns its value if selected.Instead of: if (!isset($_POST['termsYes']) OR empty($_POST['termsYes']))Tryif ($_POST['terms'] != "termsYes")

The name of the field is "terms", not "temsYes".So to access it, use $_POST['terms']And a radio button always returns its value if selected.Instead of: if (!isset($_POST['termsYes']) OR empty($_POST['termsYes']))Tryif ($_POST['terms'] != "termsYes")
Great, Ingolme! Using
if (!isset($_POST['terms']) OR ($_POST['terms'] != "termsYes")) 

does the trick (checking if field is set and if yes, if it is set to termsYes). Was not aware that you cannot directly access each individual radio button via $_POST. Each day sth new;-)Cheers,Kurt

Was not aware that you cannot directly access each individual radio button via $_POST. Each day sth new;-)
As a side note, PLEASE, learn to use var_dump() and print_r() to at least try to do some self debugging. If you ever have any form problems, just do:
var_dump($_POST);

at the top of the PHP code to see what was submitted, and work out the problem from there. Do the same for other superglobals ($_GET, $_COOKIE, etc.) if you use them in the code.

As a side note, PLEASE, learn to use var_dump() and print_r() to at least try to do some self debugging. If you ever have any form problems, just do:
var_dump($_POST);

at the top of the PHP code to see what was submitted, and work out the problem from there. Do the same for other superglobals ($_GET, $_COOKIE, etc.) if you use them in the code.

Thanks for your input. Put a big print out of your post on my desk, so I will be reminded;-)Kurt

Archived