Counter and interaction?

Kingy

Hey everyone I haven't been around since like last summer, long while I know but I need some help from flash proficient people here.Basically my flash knowledge is very basic, and I am an Illustration with Animation student who needs to try an interactive way of presenting something.I've always been keen on working with flash more but due to time I haven't really had time to learn as much as I could have.The idea I'm trying to present here is imagine a container of somekind in centre stage with some buildings and streets. It's addressing the issue of gang violence, and there would be a few social groups and I want each social group to interact with each other differently.I will have each social group divided and I want to be able to drag people onto the stage basically with my mouse.So for example:Group 1 people only wants to kill Group 2 people.Group 2 only wants to kill Group 1 but helps Group 3.How would I script such a recognition, and animate on collision? i.e. Someone kills another and the killed player disappears for example.Also it would be quite nice if there was a counter for each social group too so how many is on stage will show up obviously in boxes at the top perhaps.I hope I'm not being too vague this is only an idea in the works but I have little scripting knowledge. Seemingly there are also no tutorials on somethingso specific.

That sounds about as complicated as programming a videogame. Especially since you're adding Artificial Intelligence.
I think in all honestly I shouldn't have used the word game at all.It's more like a very basic simulation, but I don't know if the process of making it is complicated?In a nutshell it's a drag and drop thing into a stage of some kind where groups interact differently with each other.Unfortunately I've never made a game before in flash so I can't even have the pleasure of basic scripts with regards to this. =_=Those counters would be nice but the other stuff is the most important part.

You didn't mention the word game at all. I'm the one that said that. Because you're basically asking for the elements that make up a game. Collision tests, animation, objects moving around the stage.And from what I understood, you're trying to make each of these gang members walk around the stage and react to other gang members according to their type. Like I said, it's about as complex as programming a videogame.That's why there wouldn't be tutorials around for something like that. I have certain knowledge of programming and work a bit with flash. But I'm not an expert in flash, I do know I'd take at lest several weeks to look through the flash reference and make something like what you're asking.

Yes it does have the elements that make it up. Can I not just program some kind of group instead of individuals? So anyone who falls under a category knows what to do?Or is that too complicated? That's a darn shame if there isn't an easier way..By easier I mean I don't have to spend a month on.

You can make each individual of a certain "type" (working with classes and object oriented programming) and each type of person has a certain behaviour. It would be quite complicated, though I guess experts could make soemthing like that in a few days.

Archived