job quote calculator script

bonnit

been searching but can only ever find random quote scripts lolim looking for a labour cost calculator script it is for a carpentry site, it needs to calculate a quote for the total labour cost of the items that the user selects from a list of predefined values. my client doesnt have sql so im gonna need a flat file scriptclient is happy to pay for it but even happier if its free and able to be modified, im not the most experienced php'er so im not really able to write from scratch but would be happy at having a bash if someone could provide some guidancethanks in advance

All it is is addition, right? If you have a list of things they select with amounts, then don't you just get the amounts and total them up? Do you have any code already written for the page where they choose things?

All it is is addition, right? If you have a list of things they select with amounts, then don't you just get the amounts and total them up? Do you have any code already written for the page where they choose things?
well its for a carpentry company so the first input would be maybe square foot or metres the next would be the type of laminate or hardwood with a different price tier depending on type they select, the next would be their area code which would also have a price added and so on, so yeah it is sort of just addition but all selections or inputs are dependant on each other so thats weher my head goes abit fuzzy lolbasically i need the following to obtain a quotetype of service ie staircase or doors hung or floor fittedsquare foot (if applicable) - price per square footmaterial - cheaper materials=higher labour costtype - supply costpostcode - further away the higher the surchargepersonal details etcfrom there i want the quote to be sent to my clients email and also their customers email for further actionis this just modifying a calculator script with email included or is it more advanced than that?thanks

The only thing that's going to be difficult is determing the distance. You'll need to do some research to figure out how to calculate the distance between two area codes. Other then that, everything else is just rules that you apply to the calculation.

The only thing that's going to be difficult is determing the distance. You'll need to do some research to figure out how to calculate the distance between two area codes. Other then that, everything else is just rules that you apply to the calculation.
*SIGH OF RELIEF*THANKS, PHP JUST CONFUSES ME BEFORE IVE EVEN PLANNED WHAT I NEED TO DO!i think im gonna have to go back to basics and start doing flow charts again to get my head round the functions required ha ha!here goes.....

Archived