Quality check of db changes

kurt.santo

A user entered some data, which is quality checked and then displayed online. I think the best way to achieve this objective is to have an active column, which gets activated after the quality check. My theoretical problem: User should be able to change data at any stage and it should again be quality checked and only replace existing data if ok. How can you do that? It might be only 1 out of 8 photos, which changes and all textual data stays same (just an example). You could not have an activation column relating to each data column, could and should you? What would be the best way to achieve my objective. As I said the first entry seems to be sorted via an activation column, it is just later changes, which give me an headache...Kurt

You would need a second column to store the pending changes. On acceptance, the pending changes get copied to the other column.
A second column for each column, which can be updated? How could you work on acceptance for that? For a record it would be set the activation column to Y or similar. For the copying how could I do it individually? Have a button which copies just the content from column 1b to 1a (activates just this db query) and so on?Kurt

Archived