height issue IE vs. FireFox

djp1988

Hi I need a little assistance, I am making a site and using web graphics, however I ###### at that, anyway, I have a very ugly looking web graphic used to make up a border of the content area, here is my HTML

<div>content here including 2 other div's floating left which is why i clear both with an empty div just under this<div style="clear:both; background-image:url(Resources/bottombg.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; height:12px;"></div></div>

In Firefox, the last div is correctly placed at the bottom of the general div area, but in IE, the div has left a white space between the bottom div and the end of the main div area, this is surely the margin value, but how can I correct this?I was thinking of an IF IE condition and adding a css file with the correct width/height/margin values, but could someone assist me please?here is the page: http://lagigude.com/index2.php

In fact this is not logical beause IE box model squeezes the content area, whereas I am having a problem with extra area ???

I have resolved the problem, in IE 6 the css rule for height is not interpreted in the same way as oter browsers, so I used line-height to achieve what I wanted

Archived