Recordset

dj_jamz102

Hi,Please help me on this.My case is that I had created a registration page and a view profile page. In my profile page they are grouped according to their corresponding first letter of their family name. If I click letter A then all family name that starts with letter A will be displayed with a corresponding hyperlink and etc. but my problem is how can I make a hyperlink out from that retrieved family name?For example:Family name Given name Middle name1. xxx xx x2.123 12 13.abc ab a... ... ...I want to dynamically have all that recordset to link to their specific Profile page. How can I do this? Where should I base it? Please I need your help. Any sites that is with the same situation I have now please pm me or reply to this post.

You can put whatever you want in the link.<a href="page.asp?var1=val1&var2=val2&var3=val3">But I would suggest using a unique ID for the link instead of the name. If you use the name then on the lookup page you'll have to check to see if there is more than one entry in the database with that name and respond appropriately.

You can put whatever you want in the link.<a href="page.asp?var1=val1&var2=val2&var3=val3">But I would suggest using a unique ID for the link instead of the name. If you use the name then on the lookup page you'll have to check to see if there is more than one entry in the database with that name and respond appropriately.
I still don't get it, I get stagnant!

Archived