modifying SVG text

meryet

hi all,I want to modify the text content of a SVG text item, that is, what is between <text> tags.I found a solution in Java, namely: text.setTrait("#text", "new text"); does anyone know how to do the same in javascript?thanks!

Access the DOM node somehow and change its nodeValue.You'll have to find something that identifies the text item, for example, maybe it's the third <text> element in the document: document.getElementsByTagName("text")[3]

That's not Javascript.What you'd do it something like this:document.getElementsByTagName("text")[3].firstChild.nodeValue = "new Text";This isn't going to work, you need to identify the <text> node within the document somehow. You use XML DOM to work with SVG

ok great! thanks!and I have another question. I want to apply a transform on a path element. Thus I have to calculate the center of this path. Is there an easy way to do it? an already existing function?

The center of a path can be calculated by the formula

((x2 + x1) / 2, (y2 + y1) / 2)

function getCenter(line) {	var x1 = line.getAttribute("x1");	var x2 = line.getAttribute("x2");	var y1 = line.getAttribute("y1");	var y2 = line.getAttribute("y2");	var x = (x2 + x1) / 2;	var y = (y2 + y1) / 2;	return [x, y];}

Archived