IE : Out of Memory

Largozol

Hello all!I was trying to create a javascript clock,when i got this alert by Internet Explorer - "Out Of Memory at : line 9" ! What does it mean?thats the code i used :

<html><head><script>function clock() {var time= new Date()var hours=time.getHours()var min=time.getMinutes()var sec=time.getSeconds()document.gos.dao.value=hours + ":" + min + ":" + secsetTimeout(clock() ,1000)}</script><body onLoad="clock()"><form name="gos"><input type="text" name="dao" ></form></body></head></html>

1. The body cannot be in the head of a document, they are both separate2. You were calling the clock function from within itself using settimeout, i think that's where the error was coming from, try calling it from the body using a setinterval

<html><head>  <title></title><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">function clock() {        var now = new Date();        var hh = now.getHours();        var mm = now.getMinutes();        var ss = now.getSeconds();        if (mm<10) {                document.clock.time.value=hh+":0"+mm;        } else  {                document.clock.time.value=hh+":"+mm;        }        if (ss<10){                document.clock.time.value=document.clock.time.value+":0"+ss;        } else {                document.clock.time.value=document.clock.time.value+":"+ss;        }}</script></head><body onload="window.setInterval('clock();',1000);">  <form name="clock" id="clock">    <input type="text" name="time" />  </form></body></html>

Hey scott,thank you, i fixed the <body> section , but the problem remains.I was following this tutorial and it uses the settimeout() within the function,and it seems to work. I had never seen a message like "Out of memory" before.

Use the code i gave u it works fine...

its not that i need а clock,i just want to know what went wrong in this case.Does anybody else know what тhat error means?

He did tell you...you were calling the clock function from within the clock function this creates an endless cycle which eats away at the memoery...look are his solution to understand where you went wrong