communication for my friends

smiles

I google and view some freechatroom code but most of it written in Java ... how can I put it in Html document , is this possible ??? if not , give me some advises , I really want to put chatroom in my forum ( or even an particular window for chat room ... appeared when I click on an button , for examples !!! :) )I had tried to have a freewebs page but it doesn't support ASP or PHP so writing my own chat code meet troubles :) Thanks !!!

I guess you could write your own with PHP and MySQL, but java is the best way to go...you can embed it on an HTML webpage.Another alternative is going here: http://www.zend.com/apps.php?CID=240And looking at their list.

So far, the chatrooms I've come accross and have used in the past have been:

• Java
  • PHP
  • Flash

~My Opinion~

• Out of the 3, I prefer Flash. PHP requires it to refresh the page every few of seconds (unless you set it to refresh every 1 second but that can sometimes be annoying).
  • Java doesn't need to refresh, but is slow to load and some older browsers can't use it.
  • Flash is good because it doesn't need to refresh and it is fast. You can create a MySQL database and trigger the chat to save to it in PHP, and have it lnk to the Flash chatroom.

as you say , I have to learn php , flash , java , mySQL :) but I prefer write it by myself and in my case , I now can use asp ( though I have no much experience abouut it ) , and the only thing I need now is only one page that enables Request Form , Post and I can refresh it for some seconds distance :)

It can be written in ASP just as easily as PHP...As far as IPB themes in phpBB, I doubt they are compatible...look at the CSS code for each one, I am sure they are very different. You will have to break them down and understand what each class does and translate that into the appropriate phpBB classes

You could probably google for "phpbb skins that look like IPB" and see what turns up.I know there are IPB skins that are modeled after the VBulliten default skin, so there are probably some PhpBB skins that are modeled after IPB default.

It can be written in ASP just as easily as PHP...As far as IPB themes in phpBB, I doubt they are compatible...look at the CSS code for each one, I am sure they are very different. You will have to break them down and understand what each class does and translate that into the appropriate phpBB classes

I will try :) now I wonder that in chat 's window , there are three main component , textarea for chat words , button " send " for sending and ... the small window that show what we chat , could you tell me more about this component , is this an iframe with a source is an page to collect all chat words from people ( and refresh after a few seconds ) ???

You will need a box to enter your message, a send button, and a window to view the messages and a database to collect messages. Will this be a box were multiple people can chat or just private messages???What I would do is have the viewing window in an iframe like you were thinking then when you hit submit the message gets submitted to the iframe which stores the message in the database then redirects back to the page that displays the messages.

You will need a box to enter your message, a send button, and a window to view the messages and a database to collect messages. Will this be a box were multiple people can chat or just private messages???What I would do is have the viewing window in an iframe like you were thinking then when you hit submit the message gets submitted to the iframe which stores the message in the database then redirects back to the page that displays the messages.

you say ...the page... , is this an webpage with specified URL , and we can direct to that page directly by typing this in Address and click Enter ... :) and we will see the only page with only stores what people are talking :)

You will need 3 pagesdefault.asp - this page contains a form to input your message and an iframe which loads show.asp.show.asp this retreives all the messages from the database and displays them (this page is in the iframe of default.asp).add.asp - this page is loaded (into the iframe from default.asp) when the send button is click (on default.asp). This adds the new message to the database then uses response.redirect("show.asp") to then display all the messages including the new one you just added.

Mmm. Shame, really. Something easier than php would certainly be welcome! From your post referring to show., default. and add.asp it sounds as though it's well adapted to database queries. On the other hand, php is free so it must be terrific value for money! :) Plantigrade

You will need 3 pagesdefault.asp - this page contains a form to input your message and an iframe which loads show.asp.show.asp this retreives all the messages from the database and displays them (this page is in the iframe of default.asp).add.asp - this page is loaded (into the iframe from default.asp) when the send button is click (on default.asp). This adds the new message to the database then uses response.redirect("show.asp") to then display all the messages including the new one you just added.

ok , I will get more research on what you say !!! Thanks so much :)