calander type thing for dates

djp1988

Hi I would like to somehow have a calander type object with the possibility to select dates on my web site, I with for a user to be able to select a start and end date according to availability for them to visit somewhere.How can I add this calander type object?

You'll need to work a lot with DOM elements and the Javascript date object. It could be a pretty long script if you want to add a lot of features. You get dates with Javascript and you write it onto the page by creating table elements with the DOM.It can be done exactly the same with PHP, though it would require page reloading to add events to dates and other things. You would get date information with PHP's date object, and then you'd write the HTML for it.References:Javascript Date ObjectPHP Date Object

well not those kind of features I am thinking more along the lines of a Reservation Calendar for check in and check out dates and I could block certain dates from selecting... any ideas?

Have a database of dates, when making a reservation for a new date it searches a database to see if the date is already taken. If the date is taken the user is advised that they can't make a reservation for that date.You can show which dates are already reserved by writing a calendar of a selected month and filling in the dates with the database entries.

Archived