javasript and <select> tag

Jeffy

how can you create a select drop down box that when a certain option is selected or clicked using the event "onclick" it displays and additional text imput box below it?example: i have a drop down containing the optionsmailinternetrefferalwhat i want to do it when refferal is selected i want it to pop up another imput text box so they can enter who.thanks

HTML

...<select id="selBox" onChange="additionalInput(this.selectedIndex)"><option value="1">mail</option><option value="2">internet</option><option value="3">refferal</option></select><div id="refferalBox" style="display:none"><input id="refferalName"/></div>...

JavaScript

...function additionalInput(index){   var selBox = document.getElementById('selBox');   var refBox = document.getelementById('refferalBox');   if(selBox[index].value == "3")   {      refBox.style.display = "";   }}

HTML
...<select id="selBox" onChange="additionalInput(this.selectedIndex)"><option value="1">mail</option><option value="2">internet</option><option value="3">refferal</option></select><div id="refferalBox" style="display:none"><input id="refferalName"/></div>...

JavaScript

...function additionalInput(index){   var selBox = document.getElementById('selBox');   var refBox = document.getelementById('refferalBox');   if(selBox[index].value == "3")   {      refBox.style.display = "";   }}

i tried it but im not sure i did it right....the script is in the head and the html as normal but it didnt do anything?

sorry there was a typo in there...I also made a small change so that if the option is changed again it will re-hide the refferal input box.

<html><head><script>function additionalInput(index){    var selBox = document.getElementById('selBox');    var refBox = document.getElementById('refferalBox');    if(selBox[index].value == "3")        refBox.style.display = "";    else        refBox.style.display = "none";}</script></head><body><select id="selBox" onChange="additionalInput(this.selectedIndex)">    <option value="1">mail</option>    <option value="2">internet</option>    <option value="3">refferal</option></select><div id="refferalBox" style="display:none">    <input id="refferalName"/></div></body></html>