Float: left

unknown gamer

The biggest problem here is that you're giving the .bigbox class a width attribute. That's going to cause it to go down if any floated elements don't fit on the same line (as it happens with Internet Explorer).Take the width attribute away and give it a left and right margin the size of the boxes that are on the left and right of it, something like this:

.bigbox{background-color:#0000FF;text-align:center;border: thick ridge #0033CC;margin: 0 212px 0 157px;padding: 0cm 0cm .4cm 0cm;}

The biggest problem here is that you're giving the .bigbox class a width attribute. That's going to cause it to go down if any floated elements don't fit on the same line (as it happens with Internet Explorer).Take the width attribute away and give it a left and right margin the size of the boxes that are on the left and right of it, something like this:
.bigbox{background-color:#0000FF;text-align:center;border: thick ridge #0033CC;margin: 0 212px 0 157px;padding: 0cm 0cm .4cm 0cm;}

It just extended the .bigbox I want the other boxes to move towards the .bigbox.

Well, I suppose this might do what you're asking, but it's really not something I'd commonly do.

.bigbox{background-color:#0000FF;text-align:center;border: thick ridge #0033CC;margin: 0 212px;padding: 0cm 0cm .4cm 0cm;}.menu{float:left;background-color:#0000FF;border:thick ridge #0033CC;width:145px;margin-left: 55px;}

Well, I suppose this might do what you're asking, but it's really not something I'd commonly do.
.bigbox{background-color:#0000FF;text-align:center;border: thick ridge #0033CC;margin: 0 212px;padding: 0cm 0cm .4cm 0cm;}.menu{float:left;background-color:#0000FF;border:thick ridge #0033CC;width:145px;margin-left: 55px;}

Ok i like that but i want the big box to be smaller.

Archived