Advanced CSS rounded borders

SpOrTsDuDe.Reese

Ok guarentee some people are going to have migranes working with this. www.gameyin.comI did some work on it but that little space sticking out, that was huger but I did some work on it....anyway how do I get that to disappear? Code is at site.

You should validate your mark-up first, your page has a lot of validation errors:W3C ValidatorThe problem with the space on the right has to do with where you put your bottom right corner image. The fact is that the bottom right image is in the li element, and it's written after the <h4> element that doesn't have any image on the right. The right border image ended in the articleBody div, and the <h4> element is after that one.If you want a quick solution, you could give the <h4> element a right border image. But I really recommend you use a different method to give borders to your page.

I think you've made things very hard on yourself by mixing textual elements with image elements to construct this thing. I've always found it much simpler and easier to maintain if the corners and edges are simply divs positioned where they need to be, and then one last div positioned over the whole works holds the content. FWIW

The validation errors have to do with when you click "Login" at the top. Nothing to worry about there so moving on. I figured it was with the <h4> becuase it looks about even with the line. I tried padding but no avail! Even width. Can you provide code to change? Also the "work" I did to make space smaller was :I put the image originally on emtpy <p></p> tags and that was fine except for the space sticking out was twice as huge. So I just assigned the last <li> and you know the rest.Anyway your answer/statement was hard to understand.

Well it's just a different CSS technique I was just trying out. College is 1 year away and I have a little over a year of CSS under my belt. The site is just a showoff to the professor basically. I also want a headstart...anyway anyone know like a code snippet to fix? I can kinda figure out the "why does that work" if I see the answer.

Well, I'll put it graphically for you.What's happening is this:

| article body	   *||					*||					*||					*|-----------------------| article footer	  ||---------------------|| <h4>				||---------------------|| li.bottom		  *||					*|-----------------------

article body has the right borderarticle footer only has the left borderli.bottom has the bottom right corner<h4> has nothing

I know I understood that much. I was thinking just move div.ArticleBody's ending tag below div.ArticleFooter?I tried that and it got rid of space, but bottom image moved up :/

Rather than attempting to integrate all the background images into elements of your code I'd just wrap a few divs around the whole thing and just put the borders there instead.

My fix was simpler. I just moved 1 line of code around and all was fixed. LOVE YOU GUYS! THANKS.PS: Don't you just hate such a hard problem being fixed by something so stupid?

Archived