PHP - Create folder through FTP

wilsonf1

Hi im not that used to php as an asp programmer but im doing my best. i have a cool script which uploads files from my CMS to my remote hosting. The only problem is, if a folder doesnt exist on LIVE and my $source_file refers to a location inside a folder structure, then the ftp upload falls over as it cant see that dir on line - can i say if doesnt exist create the folder(s)??????

$destination_file = "htdocs/CMS_FILES/". $file;				$source_file = "E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cms.jwilson\_websites\www_mysite_com\_website/". $file;								if ($file=="." || $file==".." ) {				} 				else {					$upload = ftp_put($connection_id, $destination_file, $source_file, FTP_BINARY); 									if (!$upload) { 						echo("<p>FTP upload has failed!</p>");					} 					else {						echo("<li>Uploaded <strong>$file</strong></li>");					}								}			 			}

You would have to check yourself and create the folders if they don't exist. You can use ftp_nlist to get a list of files and directories in a certain directory to see if the one you're looking for exists, and you can use ftp_mkdir to create a directory and ftp_chmod to set the permissions.

Archived