UML Diagram

infinity

Is it possible to put UML Diagram into web?-If possible can any programmer tell me in detail how to put UML diagram into web.-I very appreciate if a good programmer can give me an example for a good illumination for me to understand.Thanks.

I did reserch on UML diagrams (I'm not a professional programmer, I'm just self-taught). There are two things I have to say:1. You can just put an image of the diagram on your site2. If that's not what you wanted, I'll just say that HTML is not a programming language, it won't actually do things. It just tells the browser how to display content.

You could make your own rendering engine, maybe in PHP, that follows a set of rules, say in XML format, but no-one to my knowledge has made something like that yet - you'll have to start from scratch.

It would take awhile (e.g. at least a few hours) to come up with something.Clue: You'll need to use the DOMDocument object and the GD Image Processing functions in PHP (if you decide to use XML to represent the diagram's data).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mariooo1
Is it possible to put UML Diagram into web?-If possible can any programmer tell me in detail how to put UML diagram into web.-I very appreciate if a good programmer can give me an example for a good illumination for me to understand.Thanks.
Hi Dude,I am using Sparx Enterprise Architect and here is a quote from its help:"Enterprise Architect provides automated web-based publishing of models. A new outline structure closely mirrors the model hierarchy and makes it very simple to explore models on-line. With a great new look and the ability to explore very large models efficiently on-line, the new web-publishing capability is a significant enhancement.EA enables export of an entire model or a single branch of the model to HTML Web pages. The HTML report provides an easy to use, highly detailed, Javascript based model tree. In addition, hyperlinked elements make browsing to related information very simple."I tried it and it works just fine, so go for it!Best regards

Archived