Best way to practice HTML?

Guest DrLecter

Guest DrLecter
:) :) :(Hi all,I'm learning HTML - worked through two or three video tutorials and the w3schools HTML tutorial.However, as we all know, it takes some hands on practice in order to perfect a craft.Are there good practice material out there - or alternatively, what would you suggest I do to practice?I know that I can create a website on a page and try to copy it, but then it would not be balanced with everything Ihave to or should know.Please advise me on this as I'm really keen on learning/remembering HTML.Thanks a mil,DrLecter :)

Basically just create websites about anything, yourself, your institution, your hobby, anything. Don't worry about balance, because as you create pages you will naturally be using the most important things the most. You can also run through a reference and just try everything out on your pages :)

Make your own homepage, and redesign it every X months. Use everything you learned and a bit more. Push your limits. This way you get sharper and sharper even if you aren't doing anything major.

aquasr is dead on. Just make a personal site with your resume and some about you stuff, and redesign it every few months.Or, choose a hobby and make a site about that and redesign it often. Don't worry about advertising, but you can eventually try SEO on a hobby site to see how good you are at that :)Either way, don't make a site you wont have interest in... At least not until you get paid to do it.

Archived