authorize.net

astralaaron

Hello,Does anyone have experience with authorize.net?after a payment transaction I need the transaction variables relayed back to my site so I can add the customer into a drawing.the person on the live help told me they don't have an option to redirect people back to your website.. but I felt like she didn't really understandwhat she was talking about.. I've done this with paypal so it just sounds a bit crazy to me that I cannot redirect someone with some information back tomy website so I know if the transaction went through or not. thanks for any help.

You could try using an IFRAME or FRAME with JavaScript to watch the URL change...I'm guessing you have to tell PayPal to redirect the user back to your site? I can't see any other way, and that would require explicit coding in the PayPal application.

Yeah, you can send PayPal a return URL that it will give the user the option of going back to (they don't have to). You also configure your PayPal account with a page called IPN that the PayPal service will send transaction updates to automatically. I've done a little work with authorize.net, I'll take a look at it and see what I can see.

Archived