XML file Permission

harshpandya

Hi all, I have XML file, which has read only permission and I want to make modification in it. Solution1: Can i open the file save it as same name and then overrite itWhat else i can do to get my modification done without changing the file name and permission. Please Help, Thanks, Harsh

So you have a read-only file, and you want to edit it, but you don't want to change the permissions? How does that work? You can't overwrite or modify a read-only file. That's in fact the very reason for making something read-only.

I am sorry - what i mean by not changing the permission means that I can change the permission of the file make changes and assign the permission back to previous. Is it do able, if yes, what should i know to do this. Do i have to know the root password and all. We have linux platform.Any other option or this is the only one..?Please help, Thanks,

The chmod function will change file permissions. The parameter you pass to chmod is an octal number that specifies the permissions for owner, group, and world. 777 will give full access to everyone, 644 will give read/write to owner and read to everyone else. You can get a breakdown about how the permissions work here:http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/usersg...x_ugfilesp.html

Archived