Rollover, click and it stops working

rzea

Hello,I have a VERY odd problem, here it is:Description:I have a USA map, some states are clickable and have a rollover effect made via MCs. When you rollover a state, it changes color, and when you roll out it goes back to normal. If you click on a state a 'drop-down' layer rolls down with some text in it. You can close this layer by clicking again on the state or by clicking on a button of an 'X' at the top right of the layer.My problem:When the map is first loaded, ALL the states' rollovers work properly, but once you click on a state the drop-down layers comes out fine but the rollover of that state and of **ALL the other states just stop working. In other words, when you put your mouse over any state after clicking on any of the other states, the rollover effect doesn't work anymore.Methods:The text inside the drop-down layer is being called from a text file with this code:

on (release) {	loadVariablesNum("map-text.txt", 0);	}

Known issues

• If I change all the 0 (zeros) in the loadVariablesNum("map-text.txt", 0); line to a different number then I get _level0.name error.
  • **The only states that are not affected, in other words, they still work properly, are Colorado and Florida.

Links:• Map online: USA map online• FLA, SWF, TXT and HTML files: FLA, SWF, TXT and HTML files (2.8MB)Thanks for any help you can give me.

This is how my text file looks like:

&bellevue=bellevue&colorado=colorado&dayton=dayton&conklin=conklin&bethesda=bethesda&cary=cary&boca=boca&hatorey=hatorey

I have it in different lines because each city/country will have a couple of paragraphs on the final version, I just have the city names for loading/testing reference."Are the variables that you're importing overwriting something else that is causing the events to stop working?"--- I honestly don't know, hope you'd help me there :)

This problem has been resolved.I had issues with the names in my TXT file that were generating conflicts with other pieces of code, so I changed the names in my TXT file and renamed the Var: name of the text field in Flash.Everything works now.The complete explanation of this solution can be found here: Solution to Map problem.

Archived