Cookie paths

clonetrooper9494

Yes, on the disc. Because I am making a chat room for my school, where every student has their own folder that stores there documents, along with cookies(I hope) and I could use the cookie path to check what user folder its in, and not have people saying they are Chuck Norris, when they are really Jackie Chan :)So is there a function in JS or PHP that tells you where cookies are stored (preferably that works with Apples)?

No, there is very little information you can find out about the client computer. The more information you expose about the client, the more security problems show up. If you want to find out what information PHP has available to it you can check a phpinfo page. For its part, Javascript isn't an API to the browser or the client computer, it's just for dealing with the current page.

Are there any other languages that can get the path of the cookies? I really only know PHP and JS, but I am willing to learn a small bit of some other language.And I can't find a page at PHP.net telling me what information PHP has... do you have a link?

Check the predefined variables section of the manual (language reference), or run this:<?php phpinfo(); ?>ActiveX, Java applets, or a browser helper object for IE would be able to examine the client's computer more closely. But people usually just use passwords for this type of thing. If someone enters their password then you can generally assume that they are that person.

Archived