setting up the page

Elemental

Hey folks,Okay, this may sound like a dumb question, at this stage of the game, but I had to ask, I can almost see some, if not all of you, screaming; what’s wrong with this guy?So, you’ve drawn out / designed what the page will look like on paper and now it’s time to start coding, laying out the html, so….Should you code the page to match your drawn design? Or, since you’re going to be using CSS to set up the elements on the page anyway, place the text first and then add the images?My instincts tell me that I should follow the drawing, but I could be way off…So, scream first, then, if you care to post your reply, or you could scream/post your reply either way will work for me.Peace,Elemental

Layout the divs that hold the text and images. Top to bottom, and, if applicable, left to right. Put the content in the divs. If the divs need to be positioned, get that in the CSS right away. Then tinker.

Layout the divs that hold the text and images. Top to bottom, and, if applicable, left to right. Put the content in the divs. If the divs need to be positioned, get that in the CSS right away. Then tinker.
Deirdre's Dad, Thanks for the reply, and not screaming, I get the left to right and top to bottom and th eusefulness of div's to layout the page. To be clear, I understand, basically layout the page as you drew it out on paper then use div's to set up the html structure to represent the drawn page on html, and add the content, to them, accordingly?Peace,Elemental

It works for me.
Deirdre's Dad, Thank you sir, I appreciate your help.Peace,Elemental

Archived