Need help...

ignas2526

Hello,I trying to create function what will code text in javascript. Reason i need what not because i want to hide something but just simply make it not sow if javascript not turned on. What function must make text in something like "%70%61%67%65%20%6F%6E%65".Here is code:

echo escapeTxt("testing");function escapeTxt($os){$ns='';$t;$chr='';$cc='';$tn='';for($i=0;$i<256;$i++){$tn=$i.toString(16);if($tn.length<2)$tn="0"+$tn;$cc+=$tn;$chr+=unescape('%'+tn);}$cc=$cc.toUpperCase();$os.replace(String.fromCharCode(13)+'',"%13");for($q=0;$q<$os.length;$q++){$t=$os.substr($q,1);for($i=0;$i<$chr.length;$i++){if($t==$chr.substr($i,1)){$t=$t.replace($chr.substr($i,1),"%"+$cc.substr($i*2,2));$i=$chr.length;}}$ns+=$t;}return $ns;}

It drops me: error Fatal error: Call to undefined function tostring() in /public_html/test.php on line 9Thanks.

You've got PHP and JavaScript seriously mixed up there. Read the PHP manual and find out the PHP equivalents for your JS code.Just putting $ signs before your variables won't magically turn JS code into PHP code. Sorry :)Oh yes - you also need to declare escapeTxt() before you call it.

Ah, nice knowledge, gradz. I will better go and read "manuals" :) .BTW any good page wt php functions explaining and examples? like W3C----Edit:well i can just create something like: if A then 00 if B then 01 and % using arrays... but its soooooo borrrring lol.

The best place for PHP functions is the official manual: http://static.php.net/manual/en/index.phpThe W3C doesn't endorse or have anything to do with PHP.Some functions to help you on your way:ord()strlen()str_replace()

Thanks for reply, now i trying to create it using arrays and str_replace, but i got some problems :) Here is code:

function javascriptencode($text) {$letter = array('0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9');$jscode = array('%30','%31','%32','%33','%34','%35','%36','%37','%38','%39');$output = str_replace($letter, $jscode, $text);return $output;}echo javascriptencode("239082473");

Outpust must be:%32%33%39%30%38%32%34%37%33But i getting:%%332%33%39%%330%38%%332%34%37%33Any ideas what i did wrong :) ?Thanks.

I didn't realize str_replace worked like that, it looks like all it's doing is basically calling str_replace for each find/replace pair and is using the previous replacement as the string to replace on. That means that when it gets to 3 to replace it with %33, it's finding the 3s in %30, %31, etc and replacing them. Try this version instead:

function javascriptencode($text) {  $output = '';  for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($text); $i++)	$output .= '%' . dechex(ord($text[$i]));  return $output;}

Thanks for help, and time!Problem is what i don't understand 75% of PHP functions, for example i cant get what outputs ord... But i will try :) .Thanks again for help.

I didn't realize str_replace worked like that, it looks like all it's doing is basically calling str_replace for each find/replace pair and is using the previous replacement as the string to replace on. That means that when it gets to 3 to replace it with %33, it's finding the 3s in %30, %31, etc and replacing them. Try this version instead:
function javascriptencode($text) {  $output = '';  for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($text); $i++)	$output .= '%' . dechex(ord($text[$i]));  return $output;}

That's right. This line:$output .= '%' . dechex(ord($text[$i]));Takes the ASCII (decimal) value for the character using ord, converts it to hex with the dechex function, and adds the % symbol to the front of it. This would have a problem if the hex value was less than 0x10, because it would only put one hex character (it wouldn't pad with a leading zero), but other than that it will work fine.

Archived