Editing stylesheet in wordpress themes

tvbtoday

I am editing a stylesheet for a wordpress theme for my blog, but I find it very difficult because I don't know whch attributes match the parts of the blog. Sorry, I know i could word this better. I just think its very confusing, so I was wondering if there is an easier way or do I just have to stick with it. I don't have much experience with editing css in wordpress theme as this is my first time, but I was just thinking because I don't know what "wrapper" and many of the terms mean.Hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Try opening the files containing the markup, and see what everything is used for.The files are index.php, header.php, footer.php, sidebar.php. You'll find them in your theme's folder.

Use the Firefox Web developers Extension and the "Outline" feature of the WDE to find out what is where on the page.Or Firebug? Another FF extension.
100% agree.Link: Web Developer extension for FirefoxOnce installed, to use the "Outline" feature press CTRL+F... now just rollover the page and click, you'll understand how it works immediately.Link: Firebug extension for Firefox

Archived