Where and how ? :)

sooty2006

hi im not new to scripting and programming i know there is a particular scripting language out there i just carnt remember what it is called!i am trying to make an interactive site were users can speak etc... instanlyalso using 3D images/videos for backgrounds nav bars pop-ups an more all i keep thing its called is opex but when i search on google dont bring up much!if iam making scence please let me know if not ask what you are not sure about (or PM me),any help, advice or programs that i could use to make and script these would be helpful.thanks again scott! :)

There are several ways to make a chat site. For the frontend you could use Flash, a Java applet, or regular Javascript with the help of something like ExtJS, Mootools, jQuery, etc. For the backend you can use any scripting language to interact with the frontend, such as PHP, ASP.NET, Perl, Python, etc.But what's a 3D image? How is an image 3D?

But what's a 3D image? How is an image 3D?
3d images that move basicly like an xbox game or ps3so which language would you say would be best to use?

You mean just 3d like from any games console like Wii, PC etc...? You create those in 3d modelling packages like Maya and 3d Studio Max just to name a couple. They have their own scripts like melscript (maya) and maxscript (3dmax).I don't know of any 'web language' that creates full 3d with textures, movement, lighting etc.

I don't know of any 'web language' that creates full 3d with textures, movement, lighting etc.
The <canvas> JS mechanism has a 3D context mode, but it is very complicated.

You mean this synook?http://me.eae.net/projects/iecanvas/demo.htmlLooks pretty limited to me, surely it can't produce something too complicated like what I was implying? (At least not without an unnecessarily long amount of time)[edit]Damn you Synook, you got me all curious! Here's something I found which looks more helpful than the above link.http://developer.mozilla.org/En/Drawing_Graphics_with_Canvas

Yeah i see all the examples are very shapely..That link is amazing though I must check it out after I get back from work.Must take a crazy amount of time to build that up!!Thanks for the info, it's really enlightening even though I wasn't the one who requested it. :)

Oh sounds like an online arcade. ^^To my knowledge (which I assure you isn't very much) SQL is just for querying, modifying data and managing databases but it's not an actual database itself.To store that actual data itself you'll need a database programs like Microsoft Access to name one but there's more.Pasted this bit from w3schools sql intro.MS Access, DB2, Informix, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, etc.

Thanks kingy,very much similar yes!How secure are these tho?i have used MS Access but someone managed to hack and remove all data.is there anyone who could help me chosing the correct data storage?

No need to thank me, I'm waiting for the better people to tell me where I'm wrong actually. :) I haven't even used SQL myself, but I just know about it vaguely really.Um as for security....I think it's best to let the experienced really answer that in this case.Sorry to hear your access database got hacked, one thing I suggest is whatever database you use is to backup regularly.Maybe that's where google can be your friend? :)

haha lol well i know alot about SQL im a database admin (MCTS)but im not family with anything else other than MS Accesswhich in the past has been hacked i dont really want to use again but needs must if i have too!

To be honest I'm sure any resourceful hacker with the intent to hack a database probably knows how to anyway.So even if you weren't using MS Access they can probably hack another type anyway. Nothings impossible to hack but of course how you protect it is one thing and like I said backup's always important.Our site has been hacked before and in a lot of those cases it's saved more than just the site but hours and hours of work which I'm sure I don't need to say to you!

i do have backups part of being a database admin is to backup SQL serversi know about anyone could hack, hacking is easy if you know how the program is created or scripted because you then know where the weak spots are nothing is 100% safe because if it was and was hacked the can be sued!sorry to hear your site was hacked too but now with the likes of youtube.com etc... more and more people are learning to hack and surely this is not good! :)

It's happened on several occasions in the past, can't prevent them all unfortunately but hasn't happened recently at least.And yeah I know what you mean, hacking is like a game nowadays. There's no real gain for some people who are doing it now, other than just for the sake of annoyance.

MS Acess is a bad idea when it comes to online databases as it can't handle many users accessing it simultaneously.MySQL is a good free DBMS.By the way any any application is "hackable", it just depends on how much effort you put in making it hard to hack. Eventually it will not be worth the effort hacking and people won't do it :)

MS Acess is a bad idea when it comes to online databases as it can't handle many users accessing it simultaneously.MySQL is a good free DBMS.
ok i get you so SQL is the best database to use when using Perl?

SQL is the language. MySQL is the Database [Management System]. I would suggest MySQL, but if you are on a Microsoft Operating System then there is also SQL Server.

Archived