Cross domain sql query?

astralaaron

Hi what I want to make happen is for a framework type program that I would like to sell.I want this program to be a small monthly fee to have on a website.. so I am thinking when they signup to have a timestamp in my own databasewith their account id, then when they use the program on "their" website I need to check that timestamp in my database - is it possible?and how could I do it without having my mysql username and password directly in the file on their site?** edit: it could just be a mysql account with only select permissions and it would be pretty safe, right? **

You could do that, but it would be safer to create a web service that will interact with your database.

You have a PHP page on your site, and you have some code in your application that contacts that page and sends it information about the client install to be validated. It's a terrible idea to send your clients your account details or have them interact with your database, they don't need any of that stuff. And if you're going to be doing something like that you'll also need to encrypt your source code so that they can't just edit the code so that it doesn't do the check. The Zend encoder and Ioncube are probably the most popular. So it would also require that people running your code have the encoder installed. I've seen some applications that ship with code encrypted by both engines and test which engine is installed so that you can use either Zend or Ioncube.

Archived