sharepoint View GUID

cyrus_

Hi experts;I am trying to connect the sharepint's own Web Services, (for example Lists) by using a simple web application, I am a newbie and I have a couple of problems,What is View GUID that you must enter to a texbox to get ListItems?I know that List Name is for example "mylist" but what is View GUID ?now my programing problem:When you use the method GetList(listName) you don't need to write View GUID. you can get what you need, and I use it and i get what i need from the Lists web service.I write my listName in a TextBox and then klick on a button to get the list, so long everything goes well, but When i write another listName in the ListBox i get the exception. i have to run agin the application to get information for another list.here is the excepiton i get:Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (XmlNodeTextBox="<List DocTemplateUrl...").sorry bout my bad English

onyour page you have a page declareation (the first line) something like this<%@ Page Language="C# or VB" Debug="True or False"....etcplace ValidateRequest="false" into this declartion so you have something like this

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" ValidateRequest="False"%>

onyour page you have a page declareation (the first line) something like this<%@ Page Language="C# or VB" Debug="True or False"....etcplace ValidateRequest="false" into this declartion so you have something like this
<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" ValidateRequest="False"%>

thank you,I didn't understand what you mean,what means View GUID??