divs

cranebill

Hi all,This is not a critisim, just an idea, shoot me down in flames if you wantcould the section on dealing with layout. divs and positioning, be a little more idiot proof, I found the concept quite hard to grasp, I even spent a week or so away from the computer reading two books, dummies for HTML4 and Dummies for CSS, after reading all the bits relating to divs and positioning, I still don't understand fully the aspects and quirks as well as I hoped (I could just be a slow learner though) :)unfortunately, I am not in a position to suggest anything more constructive other than, perhaps less examples or rather the same amount of examples, just a bit more written thought on how it should work and its peculiarities relating to the main types and versions of browsers.one thing that is odd to me as I have no training in this sort of thing, is the fact, you can write something that works in one and not the other, I suppose maybe it is just trial and error and some help from some nice people here in the forums

Archived