WINDOWS MAIL - Can't open attachments

reflex84

Hi,Ok, first off, sorry if this is not the correct type of topic for W3Schools but I just need some help with a problem I have with Windows Mail onVista,A problem, where, whenever I am on Windows Mail and click on an email with an attachment and try "save attachments" - the Windows mail suddenly freezes when I try save the attachments - which is really frsutrating!Microsoft have got BIG problems!!! Wheres bill gates? on Holiday?Really, I am fed up with the problems vista has and Microsoft don't seem to really care!We spend big bucks on their products and too many of them have problems!They need to catch a wake-up!1) I've had to start using Firefox because IE explorer keeps "shutting down" or having to "program needs to restart"IE explorer is now useless to me even though I prefer it to Firefox.2) MSN messenger seems to be doing the same thing as with my IE explorer - but the problem doesn't always occur - its erratic!But for some reason I think its getting worse.3) As explained at the beginning of this email ... my WIndows MAIL now does not want to save attachements to folders on my computer!What is going on?Soon my windows mail won't beable to open - I wouldn't be surprised.Everyone spends so much time googling these problems - having to have to download things to attempt to fix the problem - some come right and some don't.Time is money and Microsoft should have a system where we don't have to google problems - but instead microsoft send our Operating System (VISTA) updates that fix the problems IMMEDIATELY!Yes, new problems arrive but why is it taking MONTHS and MONTHS for Microsoft to come up with "solutions"?SLACK!!!If anyone can help me with WINDOWS mail problem I'd appreciate it.Also - I've had someone tell me to download WINDOWS VISTA SERVICE PACK?I clicked the link my friend gave me to download the Service pack and I honestly couldn't find the link to download it!Anyone have a link where I can down load this service pack.Thanks guys!.

Wheres bill gates?
Don't blame Bill, he's retired.
Yes, new problems arrive but why is it taking MONTHS and MONTHS for Microsoft to come up with "solutions"?
The solutions aren't always as easy to create as you must be assuming they are.It sounds like either your Windows installation has become corrupted, or you have some sort of malware installed that is damaging your system. You said that you installed a bunch of things that people told you to install, that might be part of the problem. Don't just go around installing whatever someone tells you to install. There are a ton of programs out there that damage your computer. Last week Microsoft has sued several companies who try to sell fake antivirus products by showing warnings that your system is infected, is vulnerable, whatever. There are a lot of people out there trying to get you to install their crap software. And there's nothing that Microsoft can do to protect a user who's just going to download and run something unsafe anyway. There's no vulnerability in Windows that forces its users to be careless.Every time I've had to disinfect a major infection, I've used the same people to help. It's important that you follow their instructions though, don't post your first message without doing everything they ask you to do before you post. They have several utilities to run and things to scan your computer with and eventually they'll have you post a log that they can look at to figure out what's going on, assuming that the first steps didn't already fix the problem. Read the notice linked to on the top of this page and follow those instructions:http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanupIf you want to install a service pack (it would be a good idea to disinfect first), Windows Update is the best thing to use. You should have an icon for it in the Start menu, or else go here:http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Hi JustsomeGuy,Thanks for your input once again!My bad - you are right - bill is retired, haha! I will check those links out when I get the chance - thanks - appreciate it!With regards to installing programs like you said above - thats actually what I am very weary about. I don't just install any programs, as like you said - some programs canactually harm your computer! Sorry what does Disinfect mean? ... Do the latest updates?Great - I'll check those links out and get back to you and viewers reading this.Dale.

It sounds like your computer might have gotten infected with something (virus, spyware, etc) which is causing the problems, so if that's the case your computer will need to get disinfected. The people in that cleanup forum help with that part.

Just to let you know ... my "automatic" updates button was turned on in my security centre already.Am busy doing the WINDOWS UPDATES - I see there are a few things you can tick / check. I just Checked all the "recommended"Updates.Wierd - I see some of the updates go back to 2007 - I thought Windows automatically updated itself every so often.Will let you know of the progress.d

It sounds like your computer might have gotten infected with something (virus, spyware, etc) which is causing the problems, so if that's the case your computer will need to get disinfected. The people in that cleanup forum help with that part.
Ok great - thanks for that bit of information - will get on top of it ASAP - probally tomorrow

Archived