Accounts Database

Spunky

Can I create something where someone can create a username and password (login) where they can repeatably login/logout and anything they do will save in a database? Hmm..this is sounding more complicated than I thought. I guess what I would need to know is obviously how to make it possible to create a username and password, use it to login/logout, how a database is even made and how to use this database within the website (storing and receiving). Which language first of all, (or languages) do I need to know to do this. I know with JavaScript, you can login to a website, but not sure about creating an account or using/storing/receiving info from a database. Sounds quite complicated, I know, but, it's something I want to work for as I learn more in JavaScript, CSS, and PHP..I hoping only those three languages I will need to learn to accomplish all that I want in a website. I just need a point in the right direction to get me started...I guess, what I should know before starting this task. :)

Javascript can't do anything that you're asking. Javascript can't log you into a website.PHP will do it, but it's nothing simple at all.First read the PHP tutorial and then look through the MySQL functions to learn how to use databases.It's best if you just try to learn first and don't immediately write scripts for your project just yet.

Hmm, ok JavaScript cant do it...well I guess I just assumed that from viewing the source of a page, there was <script type = "text/javascriipt"> like I have learned you put when coding in JavaScript. My bad lol.Yea I wasnt planning on tackling this without learning first, I just dont know exactly what to learn to work towards what I want, so thank you so much for the links. :)

Archived