Probems with drop down menu.

aic007

Hi allI have this little problem that my drop down menu starts flimmering when it drops over a .pdf - document. Like this19474171ws5ca7.jpgIt binks even more when I move the mouse curser on the other options in the drop down menu. The same problem for IE 6 as well as IE 7.In firefox it get's behind the .pdf document:98131964ci5.jpgI have tried to set z - index value to max in my css - class that controls the drop down menu, but to no use. Is there any other property that I can try?Regards.

Mmm... interesting about going behind a PDF in FF, never seen that before.However, to understand more what your problems are, I have three questions of my own:1. What's "flimmering"?2. What's "binks"?3. Do you have a link to your work?

Hi Richardo.With flimmering I actually meant flicker\shimmer :-)1. The whole drop down menu - starting from the first "Bank og finans" to the last "Bank og finans" is flickering.2. Sorry. A typo. I meant blinks. When i move the mouse curser to any option in the drop down menu, it blinks\flickers 3. It's an intranet site.Basicly it get kind of invincible for some mili seconds.

Very interesting I must say again.I decided to look around the web to see if anyone else had this problem before, and I found only one site with a similar thread: http://csscreator.com/node/29629They suggested this link in the posts, and the Javascript with iframe (I've heard about the iframe approach before) solution seems to be the way to go: http://www.devpapers.com/article/256However, a much simpler solution is just to have your PDF files show in a different window/tab without any nav bars.BTW, what browsers are you testing this on?I'll keep looking around for a solution, if I find anything relevant I'll post it.Let us know how it goes.

Archived