Dreamweaver CS3 Template

uaintgotthisid

I've made a template on Dreamweaver CS3. When I apply it to my pages it references a file i.e.

<a href="file:///C|/mywebpages/index.html">Text</a>
Where as I would want it to just be
<a href="index.html">Text</a>
Can anyone solve this problem for me, it's been bugging me for ages, and it must be SO simple to solve

• 4 weeks later...

There's a option in DW somewhere that says "use relative paths" or something. I think..But why are you using DW templates in the first place? :)

I'm using dreamweaver templates because I find them easier to use. I understand that there are other ways of doing this stuff. However, it can be time saving just to create a template and apply it across the board. Incidentally what are your suggestions for other ways of doing this? Are you talking about PHP includes?ANYWAY... the answer for anyone else who could not solve this problem is this:You create a blank page from template and all the links don't work. You save the file and it automatically converts them to the correct formatting. Very very strange I find but it does ensure that if you save the file outside of the site directory the liks are updated. However, if you do that you're probably saving it in the wrong folder by accident (or at least I would be).Hope this helps someone.

Well, that's Dreamweaver "adaptive programming" for you :)And yes I was thinking about server-side includes.

Archived