Horizontal list? FF Bug!?

Steven

Hi there,It goes like this:<div id="header">blah</div><div id="navbar">blah</div>In #navbar I placed a simple horizontal navbar. The problem is, it appears as though it is bumping the #header upward a number of pixels. I threw a bright green border around the list elements to see if it was reaching outside of the #navbar, but it is not. So I checked it out in IE and it is working just fine there!Any ideas? I really don't want to use some import ff stylesheet hack.links:XHTMLrelevant css:

(FROM STRUCTURE.CSS)#navlist li {	border: 1px solid #00CC33;	display: inline;	list-style-type: none;	padding-right: 20px; }

The default FF line-height as inherited by #navlist li a is too tall. Give it a small value.

I tried a few line-heights for #navlist li, but all it does is move the text up or down, and the gap doesn't change at all. I also tried making margins and paddings 0, but nothing happens.

Nothing :)I tried 39px and 1px. I can't see what it is that is pushing the divs apart... it doesn't look like anything is, from looking at the code at least. But something has to be doing it.

I've tried more than once to edit the margin of #navlist ul, but it doesn't change anything :)How does that help explain the fact that IE doesn't create a gap between the divs? (that was not in a conceited tone)The only thing I can think of is merging these two divs into one, and just merge the backgrounds of each together and then bump the navlist ul down towards the bottom, but I don't want to!

Archived