Timer

inktherapy

Hi,I am working on a timer, please see my code. My problem is if I click the stop, the time stops that works fine, but what I want is if I click the start button again I wanted it to start exactly where it stopped. Kindly teach me a work around for this. Thanks.

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function timeNow(){t = new Date;h = t.getHours();m = t.getMinutes();s = t.getSeconds();x=setTimeout('timeNow()',500);if (s<=9) {s = "0"+s;} if (h>12) {h = h - 12;pam = "pm";} else {pam = "am";} document.getElementById("display").innerHTML=h+" "+ m + " " + s + " " +pam;}function killTime() {clearTimeout(x);}</script><style type="text/css">#display {font-family:tahoma;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;}</style></head><body><div id="display"></div><input type="button" value="Start" onclick="timeNow()" /><input type="button" value="Stop" onclick="killTime()" /></body></html>

Try something like this:Create a global variable called timestamp. Set it to null.In your killTime() function, set the value of timestamp to the return value t.getTime().In timeNow(), if timestamp has a value, pass it to t.setTime(), else do nothing. The t object is now set to whatever time was stored in timestamp.To restore the counter to real time, reset timestamp to null.I may be forgetting something, so play around with this stuff.

Archived