Text box value automatically change

soona

Hi JavaScript Experts,how to change text box value automatically ? when will give text box value from another input box?I gave code below.pls check . where i made mistake.----------------------------------------The javascript code as follows:<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">function Fn_Add(){var first ="0"var second="0"var third="0"if(document.getElementById ("TextBox1").value!=""){first =document.getElementById ("TextBox1").value}else{document.getElementById("TextBox1").value="0"}if(document.getElementById ("TextBox2").value!=""){second=document.getElementById ("TextBox2").value}else{document.getElementById("TextBox2").value="0"}if(document.getElementById ("TextBox3").value!=""){third=document.getElementById ("TextBox3").value}else{document.getElementById("TextBox3").value="0"}document.getElementById ("TextBox4").value=parseInt(first)+parseInt(second) + parseInt(third)}</script>------------------------------------------Explanation:now i given Three(3) Textbox value add And Result display in TextBox4...suppouse you given TextBox1 & TextBox3 value(ex:100,200) but didn't given TextBox2 values in run time...TextBox2 value built in 0 automaticaly...At that time of running in webpage you make it to change Each & Every single digit value in any Textbox automaticaly change the Result value...With kind regardsNancy

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand the question, what's needed is a keydown handler. Add this to the script (not inside a function):document.getElementById("TextBox2").onkeydown = Fn_Add;I couldn't be sure if Nancy wanted such a gizmo for all 3 of the textinputs. If so, just add one like that for the other two.

Archived