divide the string only into two part

pankaj.ghadge

hello , I want split the string into 2 parts.e.g 1)10:16:5210999_aa@mydomain.com/jsjac_simpleclient -> 10999_cc/ > hi cc sds ds s / > sdsdsd / > s s sds <Output:- str_array[0]=10:16:5210999_aa@mydomain.com/jsjac_simpleclient -> 10999_cc str_array[1]=hi cc sds ds s / > sdsdsd / >s s sds <2)10:17:31 10999_cc/jsjac_simpleclient ->10999_aa/ < d dd ddd<< / >> / << dddoutput:- str_array[0]=10:17:31 10999_cc/jsjac_simpleclient ->10999_aa str_array[1]=d dd ddd<< / >> / << ddd I want to split the string into two part by using separator / > or/ < (There is space between / and >)Consider first appearance of separator to divide the string into two parti want divide the string only into two part , but other function available in php divides the string into several part if it found separator character. So please tell me how to do this . is there any inbuilt function available in php?...........................................

explode() will do that. But I don't see where it might work if there are several of the divider characters in the String.And what are the rules about which one to use. Your examples are unclear.

Archived