Passing Database Variables

justinbriggs1

Hello everyone,I'm trying to figure out how I can manipulate my database queries to look nice on the screen. Here is what I am doing:1. PHP - Query a database for a record and store the values in an array.2. HTML & CSS - Format and place the values so it looks nice on the screenCan you pass PHP variables to HTML on the same page?

Hello everyone,I'm trying to figure out how I can manipulate my database queries to look nice on the screen. Here is what I am doing:1. PHP - Query a database for a record and store the values in an array.2. HTML & CSS - Format and place the values so it looks nice on the screenCan you pass PHP variables to HTML on the same page?
I've been looking at tutorials but I can't seem to find the answer. Here's sample code:<?phpinclude "config.php";$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM news");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { $test = $row['title']; }?><html>What kind of HTML do I use here to display $test? </html>

<html><body><table><?phpinclude "config.php";$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM news");echo '<tr>';while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){$test = $row['title'];echo '<td>Test:' . $test  . '</td>';}echo '</tr>';?></table></body></html>

<html><body><table><?phpinclude "config.php";$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM news");echo '<tr>';while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){$test = $row['title'];echo '<td>Test:' . $test  . '</td>';}echo '</tr>';?></table></body></html>

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...didn't think of that! Thanks!

Archived