Basic SOAP client

cpugeek

I was wondering what is involved in creating a basic SOAP client (not a SOAP service)Because I'm trying to build an application that utilizes Magento's API (http://www.magentocommerce.com/support/magento_core_api)But I've never used SOAP before so I'm interested in what is required in a soap client utilizing a web service built using SoapAnd also how do I get started?(Side note: I'm building on Zend Framework the same Framework that Magento was built on. In case it affects things at all)Any and All help is appreciated. :)

Really? Hmm, I mean there is a SOAP tutorial on w3Schools.com so I just figured.Actually, I just checked and there's a webservices forum in which I probably should've posted this in.But it atleast means a few users know something about SOAP seeing as there are SOAP topics.Maybe I'll get lucky? :)

In what language are you doing this again? PHP I assume, right (you did mentioned the Zend Framework...). Anyhow, no, it doesn't affect whether the service will run or not. That's the whole point of SOAP - any language can consume a service written in any language.To consume (and create for that matter) SOAP web services, use PHP's SOAP API, and it's SOAP client class to be more precise.The SOAPClient constructor shows a basic sample of how you can consume a web service, but in general, it would be dead simple (almost trivial) if the web service has a WSDL file....(was preparing to write a little more detailed explanation)...Wait just a second... Magento have an excellent introduction for consuming their service with PHP. I'd understand if this was your first time AND you were using another language, but since its the same, the documentation is in front of you.(Side note: Why do people hardly ever bother reading the introduction and/or getting started pages? They are often the most valuable ones)

Archived