adding date

killay

HiI have an open source script which I'm trying to modify (shop-script)The problem is when a product is added, no date of creation is set in the database (mysql).Thats what I'm trying to add.But problem is I have not the required knowledge for that.So I was hoping you guys could help me with that.

//add new product			db_query("INSERT INTO ".PRODUCTS_TABLE." (categoryID, name, description, customers_rating, Price, in_stock, customer_votes, items_sold, enabled, brief_description, list_price, product_code, picture, thumbnail, big_picture) VALUES ('".$_POST["categoryID"]."','".$_POST["name"]."','".$_POST["description"]."', 0, '".$_POST["price"]."', ".$instock.", 0, 0, 1, '".$_POST["brief_description"]."', '".$_POST["list_price"]."', '".$_POST["product_code"]."','','','');") or die (db_error());			$pid = db_insert_id();			$dont_update = 1; //don't update product			$s  = "";			$s1 = "UPDATE ".PRODUCTS_TABLE." SET categoryID=categoryID";

this is the code to add a new product (says in the comment).I already made a field in the database called 'created_at' with type datetime, null=no, format= 0000-00-00 00:00:00.Found this format in my other databases :)So is there anyone who could help me with this?Or maybe provide me with a link where I can find the solution?Kind regardsPeter

it should look like this

<?php db_query("INSERT INTO ".PRODUCTS_TABLE." (categoryID, name, description, customers_rating, Price, in_stock, customer_votes, items_sold, enabled, brief_description, list_price, product_code, picture, thumbnail, big_picture, created_at) VALUES ('".$_POST["categoryID"]."','".$_POST["name"]."','".$_POST["description"]."', 0, '".$_POST["price"]."', ".$instock.", 0, 0, 1, '".$_POST["brief_description"]."', '".$_POST["list_price"]."', '".$_POST["product_code"]."','','','', '".date("Y-m-d H:i:s")."');") or die (db_error());

you have to add the date column name created_at on the columns list and then under values date("Y-m-d H:i:s") inserts the current date and time from the system.

Archived