html code into php

kokeroulis

You probably didn't escape your quotes that you used to start a string.Error:echo 'O' Reilly';PHP will think I have ended the string after the letter O, and think Reilly constant (isn't defined), and I didn't concatenate (join the scalar (single value like strings and numbers) values together).So you will have to escape them by placing a \ before the character that needs to be escaped.echo 'O\' Reilly';

Hi, i don't know how its this formally called, but you can code with php and html in the same file and still not being 'mixed', like this:<?php...//code...if(condition){?><form acti.....> <input .... value="<?php echo $myvar; ?>" /></form><?php}?>hope this helps

Double quotes inside double quotes must be escaped. You could also change them to single quotes. Or you could "trap" your HTML inside a PHP condition that spans two PHP tags. This looks a little weird if you've never seen it, but it really works:

<?php	$m = 5;	if ($m == 5) { // OPENING THE BRACES HERE CAUSES THE HTML BELOW TO BE PRINTED ONLY IF THE CONDITION IS TRUE?><form method="post" action="test.php">	<input name="name" value="" type="text"><br>	<input type="submit"><br></form><?php	} // AND WE CLOSE THE BRACE HERE?>

This is especially useful (and easy to read) if the trapped HTML doesn't contain any PHP variables that need to be interpolated.

Double quotes inside double quotes must be escaped. You could also change them to single quotes. Or you could "trap" your HTML inside a PHP condition that spans two PHP tags. This looks a little weird if you've never seen it, but it really works:
<?php	$m = 5;	if ($m == 5) { // OPENING THE BRACES HERE CAUSES THE HTML BELOW TO BE PRINTED ONLY IF THE CONDITION IS TRUE?><form method="post" action="test.php">	<input name="name" value="" type="text"><br>	<input type="submit"><br></form><?php	} // AND WE CLOSE THE BRACE HERE?>

This is especially useful (and easy to read) if the trapped HTML doesn't contain any PHP variables that need to be interpolated.

thanks.And something else if i want to use the var $_POST["name"] from the above form into the second PHP tag will it work?

Yes. All variables you declare outside of functions are global throughout the document, as are superglobals like $_POST. That is, their scope is not limited to one set of <?php ?> tags. Different tags simply demarcate portions of the script from the true HTML portions. Think of it this way: there is only one script per document, though it may come in more than one section.

Archived