Text Properties

sehana

Are you wanting to know if you can do something like this?Example: background-color: #FFFFFF; background-image: url('image.jpg')And have it like this?Example: background: #FFFFFF url('image.jpg')If so then yes. If not can you provide more information please.

To answer your question: Yes, that's called CSS Shorthands: http://www.dustindiaz.com/css-shorthand/Now, background-color:; background-image: are not exactly text properties. Text properties would be:

font-size:font-family:font-weight:text-align:text-decoration:etc...

And, you are right, you can have all the background properties in one declaration:

background: url(/images/image.jpg) left center repeat-x fixed #fff;

Thank You all for answering , but Deirdre's Dad is correct. To clarify, I do know that I can use just "background:;" instead of the 'Long' way. (I didn't know what the 'shortcut' was called), now I know it's called "shorthand") so instead of typing out all the text properties... text-align:; text-decoration:; text-transform:; ...can I shorthand that and just type "text:;"?

Yes and No.No, because is not "text:;", is font:;. Try visiting the link I gave you...Yes, because it would be something like this:

p {  font:bold 1em/1.2em georgia,"times new roman",serif;}

The order of the properties for font:; are:font-style:;font-variant:;font-weight:;font-size:;line-height:;font-family:;

The order of the properties for font:; are:font-style:;font-variant:;font-weight:;font-size:;line-height:;font-family:;
Hi yes I do know of the "font:;" shorthand also, but there are also text properties like text-align:; text-decoration:; text-transform:; ...so can those be shorthanded to just "text:;" ?

Archived