How To Do A Chain Operation In Xslt

Krishn60

I have a requirement to do a chain operation between 2 XML files and to take an attribute from the 2nd XML file. Please tell me what xsl: function to use. and how to do that. Great, if it is with an example.Here is my first XML file- <Animinations> - <AnimationProto Length=45 Performance="Dilute" - <AnimationsDone> <AnimationOrderRec RecNumEXT="264" /> - </Animations Done>- <Animations>Here is my 2nd XML file- <Cartoons> -<PicturesProfiles Name="Durrel", RecNumExtn="263" Bolondr="Windows"/> -<PicturesProfiles = "Volkrtrn", RecNumExtn="3348" Bolondr="Zilloper"/>- </Cartoons>I need to extract the "Name" attribute from the 2nd file by chaining the RecNumEXT of the first file with the RecNumExtn in the 2nd file. Please let me know.Thanks

You can use the document() XSLT function to select something from the second XML.For example:

<xsl:template match="AnimationOrderRec"><xsl:value-of select="document('second.xml')//PicturesProfiles[@RecNumExtn=string(current()/@RecNumEXT)]/@Name" /></xsl:template>

Should get the Name attribute of the PicturesProfiles element that has an RecNumExtn attribute like the currently selected AnimationOrderRec element (AnimationOrderRec belonging in the first document in this case).

Archived