can a function be inside another function?

frozentree

erm.....can anyone help me here? am having problem with the .......function.guys, trying so hard but cant think of anything anymore that need to repair this script. me try to make the input value and when u click the second button. it should show the output value. well i did follow some example but wanna see how far it can go somemore.<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function mainpart (text){ref="0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz-~ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"result="" ;for(kira=0;kira<text.length;kira++){firstrow=text.substring(kira,kira+1) secondrow=ref.indexOf(firstrow) thirdrow=ref.substring(secondrow+1,secondrow+2) result+=thirdrow}function extendedpart(gg){return (document.grass.magic.value=result)}}</script></head><body><form name="grass">check this::<input type=text name="text"><input type=button value="send" onclick="mainpart (document.grass.text.value)"><br>appear here::<input type=text name="magic"><input type=button value="recieving" onclick="extendedpart(document.grass.magic.value)"></form></body></html>

Guest Sanjeewa

Yes dude u can inside another function:example :function name(){function age() { /* add ur statements */}}then if you want to call the age function first of all call name and call age.. :)

if can make this happen....then how do i call the main function ---> function name() followed by function age() ?? i try this<head><script type="text/javascript">function watchtree(a,b,c,d){ winter= a+b+c-d ; function ball(winter) { return(winter) }}</script></head><body>document.write(watchtree(ball(2,2,2,2)))</body>

Yes dude u can inside another function:example :function name(){function age() { /* add ur statements */}}then if you want to call the age function first of all call name and call age.. :)

or you could do this which is much easier
function name(){   age();}function age(){}

That way you can call age() directly very easily

if can make this happen....then how do i call the main function

I wouldn't put a function inside another, that's just messy, try something like this
<head><script type="text/javascript">function watchtree(a,b,c,d){  winter=a+b+c-d;  winter=ball(winter);  return winter;}function ball(winter){   z=winter+10;  return(z);}</script></head><body><script type="text/javascript">  var result=watchtree(2,2,2,2);  document.write(result);</script></body>