Php Mail To Depednant On Subject

uaintgotthisid

Hi all,I've got a mail form working. I want the "To" e-mail address to be selected dependant on the subject of the e-mail (selected via a dropdown box).I can get this to work if I have a HTML drop down with the Select values set as the e-mail addresses within this code but this isn't very secure.Hence I want to set the To value within my php file dependant on what the forms subject POSTS.I can't seem to get it to work and your help would be appreciated.Cheers all

if ($subject == General) 'my@email.com';	elseif ($subject == Quotation) 'my@email.com';		elseif ($subject == Customer Care) 'my@email.com';

You need some assignment statements in there, and then the variable you use gets fed to your mail() function. (And remember your quote marks.)

if ($subject == 'General') $to = 'my@email.com';	 elseif ($subject == 'Quotation') $to = 'my@email.com';		 elseif ($subject == 'Customer Care') $to = 'my@email.com';###$result = mail($to, etc);

• 4 weeks later...
$to 	 =	if ('subject' == 'General Enquiry') $to = 'email@email.com';			 elseif ('subject' == 'Quotation') $to = 'email@email.com';				 elseif ('subject' == 'Customer Care') $to = 'email@email.com';

I'm still playing with this and can't get it to work the HTML end has a dropdown box has the name "subject", and it's options values are set to "General Enquiry" etc. It's saying unexpected T_IF

Web Guy, your first "$to = " is causing problems. See why? Also, "subject" won't equal "General Enquiry", think about it. You had it right the first time!Also, a switch() statement may be more useful in this case. http://www.php.net/manual/en/control-structures.switch.php

$subject = $_POST['subject'];$from	= $_POST['from'];$name 	 = $_POST['name'];$number  = $_POST['number'];if ('subject' == 'General Enquiry') $to = 'mail@mail.com';			 elseif ('subject' == 'Quotation') $to = 'mail@mail.com';				 elseif ('subject' == 'Customer Care') $to = 'mail@mail.com';

so I've got this now, removed the first $to (right?)the General Enquiry thing I changed on the form so that it is correct. It's still sending me an error saying there are no e-mail addresses in the to field.

switch ($subject) {	case "General Enquiry":		$to = 'mail@mail.com';		break;	case "Quotation":		$to = 'mail@mail.com';	  break;	case "Customer Care":		$to = 'mail@mail.com';		break;		//$to = 'mail@mail.com';$subject = $_POST['subject'];$from	= $_POST['from'];$name 	 = $_POST['name'];$number  = $_POST['number'];

I've also tried this one, but it doesn't work either. It tells me that the last ?> in my code is wrong for some reason.

I've also tried this one, but it doesn't work either. It tells me that the last ?> in my code is wrong for some reason.
You missed a closing brace. With the if() version, you are trying to compare 'subject', when you actually want to compare $subject.

$subject = $_POST['subject'];$subject = $_POST['subject'];$from	= $_POST['from'];$name	  = $_POST['name'];$number  = $_POST['number'];if ('$subject' == 'General') $to = 'mail@mail.com';			 elseif ('$subject' == 'Quotation') $to = 'mail@mail.com';				 elseif ('$subject' == 'Customer Care') $to = 'mail@mail.com';

Ok so now I've got $subject do I still need the 'quotes' ?It is still not working like this, so I need to put brackets around the if thing?

Archived