Input Button And 2 Functions

jj72ny

I am playing around with the script below and was wondering if it is posible to tag two seprate functions with the same input button <script language="javascript">function add(form) {form.d1.value = (form.a1.value) * (12) / (form.c1.value) * (2)+ (form.b1.value) * (12) / (form.c1.value) * 2 }</script><form><table border="1" align="center"><tr><td>width (gable end)<input type="text" name="a1" size=5></td><td>height<input type="text" name="b1" size=5></td><td>o/c<select name="c1"><option value="12">12<option value="16">16<option value="24">24</slect></td></tr><tr><td><input type="button" value="calculate" onclick="add(this.form)"></td><td><input type="reset" value="reset"></td></tr></table></form>

Sure. To keep doing what you're doing, make it like this:<input type="button" value="calculate" onclick="add(this.form); other_func(this.value)"> // note the semicolonBetter practice is to assign the handler in your script:

document.getElementById("myButton").onclick = function () {	add(this.form);	other_func(this.value);	// Add as many lines as you like}----<input type="button" value="calculate" id="myButton"> <!-- note the id -->

ok that worked thanks . I haven't had the time to check out the other pice yat gave me. can you tell me where a good place to find some info to open new window and put everything that was in the table on a seprate page after button is clicked. this sounds like something I'll have to read up on to understand how it works.

Hi,Did you just copy paste your code or you typed it? just can't stand the tags without the end tag on it.Sorry OC here. hehehe.

I am playing around with the script below and was wondering if it is posible to tag two seprate functions with the same input button <script language="javascript">function add(form) {form.d1.value = (form.a1.value) * (12) / (form.c1.value) * (2)+ (form.b1.value) * (12) / (form.c1.value) * 2 }</script><form><table border="1" align="center"><tr><td>width (gable end)<input type="text" name="a1" size=5></td><td>height<input type="text" name="b1" size=5></td><td>o/c<select name="c1"><option value="12">12<option value="16">16<option value="24">24</slect></td></tr><tr><td><input type="button" value="calculate" onclick="add(this.form)"></td><td><input type="reset" value="reset"></td></tr></table></form>

Archived